Head The Day Snowboard
The DAY is the true powder hound with a nose for the steep and deep. Its key design feature is the Hybrid Camba Pop, with its long floaty nose, short pintail, camber under the 1.5cm setback bindings, and a raised flat middle, which when activated gives the board added lift and a loaded pop. Combined these features make the board equally responsive in the pow as on home runs and allow for a shorter board to be ridden. To access wilder terrain, The DAY is split ready: A bamboo stringer centered in the board’s core turns into two sidewalls when split in half, making the core resistant to water absorption. Topped with a sintered base, it is impossible to have more fun in a Day!
Key Features of Head The Day Snowboard:
- Bamboo core: Our lightweight poplar core combined with 2 bamboo stringers in the center also covering the insert area gives the board a very poppy feeling. Another benefit is the added strenght and a more stiffer feeling but without loosing the liveliness of the board.
- Split Ready
- Basalt Stringers: Basalt fibers are stronger then regular fiberglass with the same weight. This means we can build lighter boards with better flex properties. Basalt fibers are not as rigid as Carbon fibers, this means the board breaks not that easy! Basalt features 2 stringers on top & 2 on the bottom for our most responsive flex pattern.
- Hybrid Camba DCT: The Hybrid Camba DCT shape is a evolution of our classic CAMBA shape. The DCT shape of our Hybrid Camba line has Camba under the bindings and a flat part between the bindings combined with a more narrow waist and a more aggressive sidecut in this area for sharpe turns and quicker initiation of rotation during the take off on big kickers. The pop loaded camber starts just inside of the binding area and goes all the way to the conact points in tip & tail.
- Poplar Core: The Select Core is made from handpicked full-length poplar stringers - lively and long-lasting.
- Sintered Base: Our sintered bases feature high wax absorption and a dense molecular structure for unbeatable durability and ease of maintenance.